David Jonathan Hooker 4,5
- Born: 7 Mar 1961, North Adams, Berkshire, Massachusetts, USA 4,5
- Christened: 1973, Jackson, Hinds, Mississippi, USA 6
- Marriage (1): Melanie Anne Clevenger on 29 Dec 1984 in Jackson, Hinds, Mississippi, USA 1
- Marriage (2): Tammy Lynn Duppstadt on 7 Aug 2004 in Jackson, Hinds, Mississippi, USA 2,3
David Jonathan Hooker was born 7 March 1961 in North Adams, Massachusetts (Berkshire County). His parents are Orvel Edwin Hooker, Jr. and Helen Neeper. David grew up in Jackson, Mississippi where his parents moved when he was 3 years old. David attended Byram Attendance Center (a small unincorporated town just south of Jackson) from grades 1 through 8. David then attended McCluer Academy in Jackson in grades 9 and 10. His 11th grade year he returned to Byram Attendance Center and then went to Clinton High School (just west of Jackson) for his senior year. David played basketball in Junior High School and Tennis in high school.
David worked at several part-time jobs while in high school. His first job was working at the concession stand at the Capri Theater in Jackson. He then worked at Winn-Dixie Food Stores as a stock clerk. He also worked at Danver's Restaurant as a cook and at the Federal Bankruptcy Court as a Deputy Clerk.
After graduating from high school, David attended Hinds Junior College in Raymond, Mississippi (1979-1983) and then Mississippi College (1983-1985) where he graduated with a B.S. degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Communications. While attending college, David worked part-time for Sunflower Food Stores, Capri Theater as Assistant Manager and Projectionist (hence my interest in Communications) and again for Winn-Dixie Food Stores. David also played varsity tennis while attending Mississippi College and worked as a Disc Jockey for the campus radio station WHJT where he met his first wife, Melanie.
David married Melanie Anne Clevenger on December 29, 1984 at Brookleigh Baptist Church in Jackson, Mississippi (Hinds County) where his father, Orvel Edwin Hooker, Jr. served as pastor.
After graduating from college, David went to work for St. Dominic-Jackson Memorial Hospital as a Media Specialist. David worked there for 8 years (1985-1993) during which time he finished his Master's Degree in Communications at Mississippi College. David then went to work for McRae's Department Stores (a small family owned department store chain with 28 stores in 4 southern states) in Jackson, Mississippi in August of 1993 as Corporate Communications Manager. McRae's merged with Proffitt's, Inc. in 1994. Proffitt's has since acquired 4 other department store chains (Younkers, Parisian, Herberger's and Carson Pirie Scott) and now operates 233 stores in 24 states. In 1999, Proffitt's merged with Saks Department stores and changed their corporate name to Saks Incorporated. David worked as Director of Corporate Publications and Internet, Director of Internet and Director of Intranet for the corporation. From 1988-1999, David served as an adjunct professor of Oral Communications (Speech) for Hinds Community College. In 2000, David went to work for Cummins Filtration (a subsidiary of Cummins Engine Company) as their Web Communications Manager, Digital Communications Manager and Global Marketing Communications Manager in Nashville, Tennessee. In 2013, David joined CGS Adminstrators, LLC as their Web & Communications Manager also in Nashville, Tennessee.
David and his ex-wife, Melanie, are the parent's of 3 children, Jeffrey David, Bethany Jennifer and Rebecca Anne (Becca). David and Melanie divorced in 2001.
David married Tammy Lynn Duppstadt on August 7, 2004 at Brookleigh Baptist Church in Jackson, Mississippi (Hinds County) where his father, Orvel Edwin Hooker, Jr. served as pastor.
David and his second wife, Tammy Lynn Duppstadt, have a daughter, Katherine Nicole (Katie).
Personal info: Height: 6'6" Weight: 210lbs Hair: Gray Eyes: Blue Hobbies/Interests: Tennis, Genealogy, Photography, Videography, Numismatics and Hiking. 1
North Adams Hospital
Edmond P. Larkin, M.D.
7lbs. 1 oz.
First Baptist Church of Byram
Baptized by Dr. Orvel Edwin Hooker, his father
1. High School-Graduated: Clinton High School, 18 May 1979, Clinton, Hinds, Mississippi, USA. 6
2. College-Bachelors: Mississippi College: BS Business Administation, 18 May 1985, Clinton, Hinds, Mississippi, USA. 1
3. College-Masters: Mississippi College: MS Communications, 14 May 1988, Clinton, Hinds, Mississippi, USA. 7
4. Occupation: Media Specialist (St. Dominic Health Services), Aug 1985-Aug 1993, Jackson, Hinds, Mississippi, USA. 8
5. Occupation: Adjunct Faculty (Hinds Community College), Jun 1988-Dec 1999, Raymond, Hinds, Mississippi, USA. 8
6. Occupation: Director of Internet/Intranet (Saks Incorporated), Aug 1993-Aug 1999, Jackson, Hinds, Mississippi, USA. 8
7. Occupation: Assistant Director/Business Department Chair (Antonelli College), Sep 1999-Dec 1999, Jackson, Hinds, Mississippi, USA. 8
8. Occupation: Global Marketing Communications Manager (Cummins Filtration), 2000-2013, Nashville, Davidson, Tennessee, USA. 1
9. Occupation: Web & Communications Manager (CGS Administrators, LLC), 2013, Nashville, Davidson, Tennessee, USA. 9
10. Church Affiliation: First Baptist Church of Byram, 1973-1978, Byram, Hinds, Mississippi, USA. 10
11. Church Affiliation: Brookleigh Baptist Church, 1980-2008, Byram, Hinds, Mississippi, USA. 1
12. Church Affiliation: Temple Baptist Church, 2008-2016, Old Hickory, Davidson, Tennessee, USA. 10
13. Ordination: Deacon - Temple Baptist Church, 3 Nov 2013, Old Hickory, , Tennessee, United States. 9
David married Melanie Anne Clevenger, daughter of Danny Neil "Dan" Clevenger and Barbara Jean Davis, on 29 Dec 1984 in Jackson, Hinds, Mississippi, USA.1 The marriage ended in divorce on 27 Mar 2001. (Melanie Anne Clevenger was born on 16 Jan 1963 in Biloxi, Harrison, Mississippi, USA 11.)
Brookleigh Baptist Church
Presiding: Dr. Orvel Edwin Hooker (Groom's Father) & Danny Neil Clevenger (Bride's Father)
Melanie Anne Clevenger, daughter of the Rev. and Mrs. Dan Neil Clevenger of Mesquite, Texas, became the bride of David Jonathan Hooker, son of Dr. and Mrs. Orvel Edwin Hooker of Jackson, Dec. 29 at Brookleigh Baptist Church in Jackson.
Marybeth Clevenger served as maid of honor. Bridesmaids were Cynthia Hooker Sears and Jamie Marie Flanders.
Dennis Patrick Cooke served as best man. Groomsmen were Richard Sears and Richard McKissack.
Jackson, Mississippi 12
David next married Tammy Lynn Duppstadt, daughter of Robert William "Dubby" Duppstadt and Linda Kay Mahler, on 7 Aug 2004 in Jackson, Hinds, Mississippi, USA 2.,3 (Tammy Lynn Duppstadt was born on 3 Feb 1973 in Windber, Somerset, Pennsylvania, USA 5,13,14.)
Presiding: Dr. Orvel Edwin Hooker (Groom's Father)
Place: Brookleigh Baptist Church
Time: 10:00am 2,15