- Born: 20 Aug 1810, Haywood County, North Carolina, USA 71,151,156,157
- Marriage: Jeremiah Hooker in 1830 in Franklin County, Tennessee, USA
- Died: 20 May 1888, Linn County, Missouri, USA at age 77 151,156,157
- Buried: Hooker Cemetery (Browning, Linn, Missouri, USA) 151,156,157
Mary Brookshire Hooker
Mary Brookshire Hooker, wife of Jeremiah Hooker was born in North Carolina August 20, 1810, moved with her parents to Tennessee in 1812, and again moved with her husband and friends to Linn County Missouri in 1835. She was a true Christian, professing religion in the year 1852 under the preaching of Rev. Jesse Goins, and ever since living a devoted christian life and dying in the faith of reaching home above. She departed from this life on the 20th day of May 1888. She was the mother of eleven children; seven girls and four boys, five of whom have gone before. She was buried on the old home place.
Census says Mary was born in South Carolina. Her obituary says North Carolina.
1. Church Affiliation: Christian. 156
2. Census, 1880, Jackson Township, Linn, Missouri, USA. 71
Mary married Jeremiah Hooker, son of James Hooker and A. J. Fowler, in 1830 in Franklin County, Tennessee, USA. (Jeremiah Hooker was born on 29 Mar 1810 in South Carolina, USA,71,151 died on 14 Feb 1893 in Browning, Linn, Missouri, USA 150,151 and was buried in Hooker Cemetery (Browning, Linn, Missouri, USA) 150,151.)