- Born: 26 Dec 1839, Milan, Sullivan, Missouri, USA 62,93,95,102
- Marriage: John Beckett Hooker on 14 Jan 1858 in Sullivan County, Missouri, USA 86
- Died: 18 Jun 1910, South Lineville, Mercer, Missouri, USA at age 70 94,95,102
- Buried: 20 Jun 1910, Evergreen Cemetery (Lineville, Wayne, Iowa, USA) 95,96,102
Cause of her death was Carcinoma of Stomach.102
Margaret Hatcher was born in Sullivan County, Missouri, December 26, 1839; was married to John Hooker January 14, 1858. To this union 11 children were born, seven of whom are still living, viz: Mrs. G. A. (Martha Ann) Barrows, of Browning; John T. Hooker of Browning; Mrs. M. E. (Mary Eliza) Jacobs of Lineville; J. M. (Jerry) Hooker of Lineville; Mrs. Henry (Mada) Galliger, Lineville; George and Mark Hooker both of Lineville, Iowa.
She moved to Lineville September 5, 1892 and died June 18, 1910. She professed religion in her early girlhood, lived a faithful christian life up to the time of her death. A few days before her death she told her children the Administering Angels were all around her and that she was patiently awaiting her Father's call. Funeral services were conducted by Mr. R. F. Nickell of this place at the M. E. Church at Lineville on Monday, June 20th in the presence of a large number of relatives, neighbors, and friends, after which her body was laid to rest in Lineville's beautiful cemetery (Evergreen) to await the resurrection morn.
Mr. Hooker and children have the sympathy of their many friends in this vicinity.
Location: Block 3, Row 5, Grave 7
1. Occupation: Midwife & Homemaker. 62
2. Church Affiliation: Methodist Episcopal Church.
3. Census, 1880, Duncan Township, Sullivan, Missouri, USA. 62
Margaret married John Beckett Hooker, son of Jeremiah Hooker and Mary Brookshire, on 14 Jan 1858 in Sullivan County, Missouri, USA.86 (John Beckett Hooker was born on 7 May 1837 in Scottsville, Sullivan, Missouri, USA,62,92,93 died on 20 Jan 1917 in Mercer, Mercer, Missouri, USA 92,94 and was buried on 21 Jan 1917 in Evergreen Cemetery (Lineville, Wayne, Iowa, USA) 92,95,96.). The cause of his death was Cerebral Hemorrhage.102